‘Tis the season for spending time with your dogs outdoors! This is a great reminder that keeping them close is a great idea.
1. If your dog is not near you, you can’t take advantage of training opportunities.
Often, I have heard people say their dog IS trained. But there is always something to work on, so keeping your dog close is a must.
2. This leads into if your dog is off leash he can run away. Even the most well trained dog can do that.
3. An off leash dog can irritate wildlife. Nature is the home of many species and they deserve to not be bothered there.
4. An off leash dog can bring wildlife back to you – bears. Need I say more?
5. If your dog is off leash it is more difficult to pick up their waste. If you feed your dog food with preservatives in it, it will not break down as is often thought.